How to install a package with a default language?

Share here your tips or issues concerning WAPT Console or WAPT Agent / Venez ici partager vos problèmes et astuces concernants la console et l'agent WAPT
Règles du forum
Règles du forum communautaire
* English support on www.reddit.com/r/wapt
* Le support communautaire en français se fait sur ce forum
* Merci de préfixer le titre du topic par [RESOLU] s'il est résolu.
* Merci de ne pas modifier un topic qui est taggé [RESOLU]. Ouvrez un nouveau topic en référençant l'ancien
* Préciser version de WAPT installée, version complète ET numéro de build (2.2.1.11957 / 2.2.2.12337 / etc.) AINSI QUE l'édition Enterprise / Discovery
* Les versions 1.8.2 et antérieures ne sont plus maintenues. Les seules questions acceptées vis à vis de la version 1.8.2 sont liés à la mise à jour vers une version supportée (2.1, 2.2, etc.)
* Préciser OS du serveur (Linux / Windows) et version (Debian Buster/Bullseye - CentOS 7 - Windows Server 2012/2016/2019)
* Préciser OS de la machine d'administration/création des paquets et de la machine avec l'agent qui pose problème le cas échéant (Windows 7 / 10 / 11 / Debian 11 / etc.)
* Eviter de poser plusieurs questions lors de l'ouverture de topic, sinon il risque d'être ignorer. Si plusieurs sujet, ouvrir plusieurs topic, et de préférence les uns après les autres et pas tous en même temps (ie ne pas spammer le forum).
* Inclure directement les morceaux de code, les captures d'écran et autres images directement dans le post. Les liens vers les pastebin, les bitly et autres sites tierces seront systématiquement supprimés.
* Comme tout forum communautaire, le support est fait bénévolement par les membres. Si vous avez besoin d'un support commercial, vous pouvez contacter le service commercial Tranquil IT au 02.40.97.57.55
Miclaud

12 nov. 2018 - 14:00

Bonjour,

I write from Italy and I've recently decided to install and give a try to your very useful software.
I successfully installed the server app on a Debian 8.11 and the admin console on a Win Server 2012 R2. My wapt console is 1.3.13.
After that, I manually installed agent on some test clients and distributed some package I duplicated on my repository. All went well but I still have a problem with the language, having all my applications (es. Ccleaner and PdfCreator) installed in french.

Reading the documentation I found some clues that suggested me to try these tips:
  • modifying the package "control" file, putting "it" on the "locale" keyword
  • modifying the wapt-get.ini file of the destination machine, adding "locales=it,en"
But after these attempts my apps are still installed in french. Is there something I'm missing from the official docs?

Thank you for your help.
Dernière modification par Miclaud le 12 nov. 2018 - 18:36, modifié 1 fois.
vcardon
Expert WAPT

12 nov. 2018 - 16:00

Hello Miclaud,

You'll get much better i18n support in WAPT >= 1.6 and while it is still a work in progress, i18n support has made a giant step with 1.6.

1.3 is being quickly deprecated, so if you're starting fresh, it will be much easier for you to go directly 1.6 than to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.6.

Everyone will be more willing to answer your i18n related questions if you're on 1.6.

Welcome to our new friend from Italy in the WAPT Community.

Vincent
Vincent CARDON
Tranquil IT
Miclaud

12 nov. 2018 - 18:35

vcardon a écrit : 12 nov. 2018 - 16:00 Hello Miclaud,

You'll get much better i18n support in WAPT >= 1.6 and while it is still a work in progress, i18n support has made a giant step with 1.6.

1.3 is being quickly deprecated, so if you're starting fresh, it will be much easier for you to go directly 1.6 than to upgrade from 1.3 to 1.6.

Everyone will be more willing to answer your i18n related questions if you're on 1.6.

Welcome to our new friend from Italy in the WAPT Community.

Vincent
Hello Vincent,

I didn't notice that there was a 1.6 upcoming release, I think I'll definitely try with this one.

Thank you for your help
sfonteneau
Expert WAPT

12 nov. 2018 - 20:27

To be precise. Version 1.6 offers the possibility to specify the language of a package in the control file. In the "Imported from the Internet" tab, you can sort the packages by language with the "local" column. For now, we offer English, German and French.

We are preparing a new store, it will improve internationalization.
Pièces jointes
Capture du 2018-11-12 20-19-41.png
Capture du 2018-11-12 20-19-41.png (11.73 Kio) Consulté 2356 fois
Verrouillé